In Discord you can format your text using text markdown, this includes making font bold in Discord. Bold text can be used to emphasize certain words or phrases, or when you want to get user attention to specific part of the message.
Discord gives various text markdowns that you can use to format your text, in this post, we are going to discuss how you can make your text bold in Discord. Below you can find a step by step complete procedure to do so.
Bold your text in Discord
- First step is to open Discord and login to your account
- Go to the channel or chat where you want to send the message
- Type your message in chat box
- Now to make a word bold type two asterisks (**) before and after the word
- To make complete sentence bold, wrap the complete sentence between two asterisks(**)
- You can also skip and bold different words in a sentence, like in the picture
- Once done typing, press “Enter” and you will see the text in bold
Bold your text in Discord PC with shortcuts
If you are using Discord on PC, you can use the shortcut keys to bold the text, here’s how you can do that-
- Open up Discord, and login to your account
- Go to the chat or channel where you want to send the text
- Type in your message
- Select the word or phrase that you want to send as bold
- Now press “CTRL+B” or “COMMAND+B” to make the text bold
- Press “Enter” to send the message
How to make text bold in Discord mobile
Many people uses Discord on mobile, don’t worry, you can also make the text bold in Discord mobile app as well, with the same steps-
- Open Discord
- Go to the specific chat
- Go to the chat box
- Type in the message, surrounded with two asterisks (**), means type in ** before and after the word or phrase that you want to make bold
- Send the message
- The text will be bold
Can I bold channel name?
No, you can’t make the channel name bold, you can only send bold text in the channel chat or DMS.
Can I bold text in Discord status?
No, you can’t use the markdown with the status, that’s mean you can’t make the text bold in your Discord account status.
How to bold the letters in Discord?
You can easily bold letter, character, whole word or phrase by using two asterisks (**)before and after that specific character or word(s). You can do this is any server chat, channel or DMs.
Is it necessary to use two asterisks to bold any text in Discord?
Yes, it is the fixed markdown that you have to use to make the text bold. If you use only asterisk the text will go italic
That’s a wrap for this post. Hope you find the answers to all the questions regarding making your text bold in Discord.