Discord is a popular instant messaging app that has gained immense popularity in a short period. It is not just an instant messaging application but also offers voice chats with your friends and family. The Discord screen share feature allows you to stream what’s happening on your device screen in a video chat in real-time, thus allowing you to show it off in front of your friends by sharing the live streaming on Discord.
But recently, many users have been reporting about their discord screen share black screen issue when they try to do so. This article will discuss the discord screen share black screen with the audio issue and how one can fix it.
Why is My Discord Screen Share Black?
There are many reasons why your game screen share on Discord might be black. These reasons include:
- The battery saver might be turned on, thus disabling the screen share function.
- Another app on your device might be using the camera, and hence you will not be able to use Discord’s screen sharing.
- Not enough permissions for Discord to run appropriately and access your device’s background apps.
- A third-party app that is blocking the function of Discord from working properly.
- If you have enabled VPN or Firewall, they may block Discord from accessing data necessary for the process to work.
How To Fix Discord Screen Share Black Screen?
There are different methods to try to fix this discord screen share not working black screen issue. We have listed all of them below, along with the instructions.
Restart Your Device
The issue might be due to a temporary cache or cookies, so restarting your device might solve the problem for you. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Apps/Application Manager and click on Discord, and tap Force Stop.
- Then Restart your device and check if it solves the issue for you.
- If not, move on to the next step.
Check If There Is An Update Available For Discord
There could be an update available for Discord that you are not aware of, so make sure that you are using the latest version of Discord. You can check out our article on How To Download And Install Discord updates if you want more details on how to do that.
Clear Cache Of Discord App
Clearing the cache of the discord app can also help you fix this issue, as it might have corrupted the cache of the application. To clear the discord app cache, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps/Application Manager and tap on Clear Cache for Discord.
- Restart your device and check if it solves the problem or not.
- If not, move on to the next step.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Latest Version Of Discord
In case nothing above has worked out for you so far, then we suggest you uninstall Discord from your device completely and then reinstall a fresh copy. That should resolve the issue for you.
Check If You Have Privacy Protection Enabled
Sometimes privacy protection can interfere with your Discord app and ultimately cause screen sharing issues, so make sure that the privacy protection is not enabled on your device. Read this article on how to clear discord chat history to learn more about discord chat history and how you can delete it from your device.
Clear Cache Of Microphone And Speakers
Clearing the cache of the microphone and speakers might fix this problem as well. Just plug out any external microphones or speakers if connected to your PC or laptop, and then restart the Discord application in case nothing else has worked out for you so far.
Make Sure You Have A Decent Internet Connection
Sometimes a poor internet connection can cause this issue as well. If the problem only occurs when you try to screen share, it might be because of your internet connection speed. So make sure that you have a good and stable internet connection before sharing your screen on Discord.
Use Headphones While Using Discord Screen Share
If you are using a headphone while screen sharing on Discord, make sure that the headphone is adequately plugged in your device and check if any software or firmware updates have been released. In case nothing else has worked out for you so far, then this option should solve the issue for you completely.
Hardware Acceleration In Discord
Sometimes enabling hardware acceleration can fix this problem for you. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to your Discord settings and click on Voice & Video option.
- Now make sure that Hardware Acceleration is turned on for better performance.
Update Graphics Drivers
If you are using an Nvidia graphics card, then updating your graphics card’s drivers can also help you fix this issue altogether. To do so, follow these steps:
- Download Nvidia Drivers and restart your device.
- Now run the setup file that you downloaded.
- Follow all on-screen instructions properly to complete the installation of updated graphics drivers.
- Check if it solves the problem for you or not.
The discord screen share application window black screen issue might be due to any of the reasons mentioned above, but in most cases, it is caused due to a corrupted cache or cookies on your device. If the issue hasn’t been fixed with the steps provided above, then we suggest you contact Discord support for further assistance.
If you have come across any other fix for this issue, do let us know in the comments section below to help our readers fix it as soon as possible. Till then, stay tuned for more guides, news, and updates on How To Fix Discord Screen Share Black Screen Issue.