Discord is a very popular, free-to-use social media app that supports group audio and video calls. Discord is used by millions of people every month because it’s quite easy to use and comes with many handy features.
Plus, you can add bots to your discord server to get some more fantastic features that will enhance your discord-using experience. In this article, we will share the complete step-by-step method to add bots to your discord server.
What is a Discord Bot?
A bot is a pre-defined program that can automatically simulate various tasks on the server, typically with little or no human input. There are hundreds of bots available that you can add to your discord server based on your requirement. Below are the steps to add bots to the Discord server.
Add bots to Discord Server
The first thing you need to add bots to the discord server is permission to add the bots. You will need Administrative or Manage Server permission to do the same. If you have just created a new discord server, you will have Administrative permission. If you don’t have permission follow these steps-
- Open the discord server, click on the Meatball(three horizontal dots) menu
- Click on the settings
- Click on the “Roles” from the “User Management” Section.
- Scroll down, toggle on the “Manage Server” option
- Click on the “Save” button.
Now you need to find the bot that you want for your discord server; there are multiple websites that you can use, for example- top.gg, GitHub, etc. For the demo, we are using top. gg
- Go to the top.gg find the bot you want to add to the discord server.
- Click and open the bot’s page
- Now you can check the details of the bot; click on the “Invite” button to get the bot.
- Select the discord server to which you want to add the bot, and click on “Continue.”
- Give the permission by check mark them, clicking on the “Authorise” button
- Click on “Continue”
- Done, an Authorise pop-up will come, and you have successfully added the bot to the discord server.
That is all you need to add bots to your Discord server.